Does the idea of getting paid to travel, work and ride at some of the best mountain bike destinations in the country get you fired up?! If it does, then you may be interested in joining our team at Big Mountain Enduro this summer on our five stop national enduro series tour as a Mountain Operations Specialist! This is a great opportunity to get involved with the MTB race community, to ride your bike in some awesome destinations this summer, and to spend a few weeks working with a dedicated group of people who live and breathe the sport of mountain biking.
Think you have what it takes?! Below is an in depth overview of the responsibilities and requirements of the role. Link to the application at the end.
The responsibilities of our Mountain Ops Specialists encompass traveling to each of the 2022 BME stops and being part of the team that prepares for, hosts, and tears down each of our enduro racing events under the leadership of our Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate is available for all of our events this summer and is a confident mountain biker who is comfortable riding advanced to expert level trails. This individual is also a very hard worker, has great teamwork and communication skills, has good judgment and can represent the BME brand and the sport of enduro in a way that is fun and professional. This person must also be comfortable working long hours outdoors in what could be cold, windy or wet conditions. It gets a little sporty out there sometimes, but hey, at least we’re not sitting in an office!
Compensation includes a competitive daily rate, lodging covered by BME, a travel stipend to help offset the cost of getting to and from the event, complementary lift tickets while working, and a basic pantry of groceries will be purchased to help offset the cost of breakfast and lunch for the team while working.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Helping mark courses/trails the week leading up to each of our two-day events.
- Setting up BME or sponsor tents, tables, flags, banners and awards ceremony podium within the sponsor village and expo area.
- Timing race stages – start and finish line timers, working in conjunction with operations and timing managers (note that all on-mountain operations crew will help manage timing stations for each race).
- Tear down and clean up BME foot print on-mountain, including course tape, banners, signage, flags, trash, tents and sweeping the entire sponsor village with a leave no trace approach.
- Having access to a personal bike and protective gear to travel around the mountain to get to lift accessible and backcountry stages.
We ask all applicants to be available to work all of these events.
- Ironton, MO: May 10 – 15
- Big Sky, MT: June 21 – 26
- Durango / Purgatory, CO: July 12 – 17
- Brian Head, UT: Aug 23 – 28
- Bend / Mt. Bachelor, OR: Sep 13 – 18
To apply for the Mountain Ops Specialist position, please click this link to complete and submit your application. We will reach out soon to let you know if you’ve been selected to move to the interview stage of the hiring process.
Please email email@example.com if you run into any issues while submitting your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Big Mountain Enduro Team