The three-day Crested Butte Finals will blend high altitude backcountry adventures mixed with some of the best descents in the area and some surprise stages held at Evolution Bike Park. This special gem of a place tucked deep in the Rockies and surrounded by wilderness, holds the longest running bike festival in the US and is a true mountain town with more miles of singletrack than any other location in the States. Legend has it, that Crested Butte is the birthplace of mountain biking and we are going to take you back to the roots of riding big mountains at high elevations around Crested Butte. Riders will be challenged with three days of racing, with big climbing transitions that will take you to high alpine passes overlooking majestic peaks and serene mountain valleys. Expect the first 2 days of racing to encompass big backcountry adventures, at high elevations and upwards of 6,000 to 7,000 feet of descending and climbing respectively, so plan and train appropriately.
The terrain and descents will contain a variety of above-tree line stages, many high speed sections that CB is known for, technical rocky/rooty trails, steep and raw trails that will keep riders on their toes, some classic bench-cut Colorado singletrack, mixed with endless scenery that will leave lasting memories of this rugged mountain paradise. Riders should be prepared with necessary parts, clothing and food, as each day will be deep in the backcountry, with river crossings and mountainous weather that can be threatening at any moment. This race will be a true test of mental strength, fitness and require a huge sense of adventure to get through all three demanding race days.
- Shuttles for all 3 race days
- Lift ticket at Evolution Bike Park for Sunday’s race day
- Oskar Blues beer each race day
- Lunch provided by BME chefs & catering each race day
- Full on-course medical support
- Large Awards Ceremony and Raffles
- Donations to local trail advocacy CBMBA (Crested Butte Mountain Bike Association)
In the spirit of enduro, courses will be released Wednesday morning prior to the race weekend, thus giving riders 1-2 days to scope out trails and form a racing strategy for the big 3-day event. Maps and info will also be posted and download-able online via BME website and social media outlets come race week. Printed race booklets with detailed maps will also be available for all riders on Thursday at packet pick up taking place at The Alpineer in downtown Crested Butte.
- Day 1: 2 stages, 19 miles, 4,600 feet of climbing and 5,100 feet of descending
- Day 2: 3 stages, 26 miles, 6,700 feet of climbing and 7,550 feet of descending
- Day 3: 4 stages, 20 miles, 2,400 feet of climbing and 6,200 feet of descending
- Thursday: Official Practice Day, and Race Registration/Packet Pick-Up from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. at The Alpineer in downtown Crested Butte
- Thursday: Mandatory Rider’s Meeting at 7 p.m. in BME sponsor village located behind the school when you first enter town. Make right turn on Red Lady Avenue from Highway 135 and drive behind school to access sponsor village and event HQ
- Friday: Race Day starting at 10:15 a.m. (first waive of shuttles leaving at 7 a.m. from sponsor village, second waive leaving at 8:30 a.m.)
- Saturday: Race Day starting at 9:45 a.m. (first waive of shuttles leaving at 7 a.m. from sponsor village, second waive leaving at 8:30 a.m.)
- Sunday: Race Day starting at 9:00 a.m. (first waive of shuttles leaving at 7 a.m. from sponsor village, second waive leaving at 8:30 a.m.)
- Sunday: Awards and Post-Party at 5 p.m. in BME sponsor village, followed by private BME and Oskar Blues hosted party at the Secret Stash in downtown CB at 7 p.m. until midnight
BME has a 20% discount set up for racers. Call the lodging discount number below and mention you are registered for the BME finals in Crested Butte to receive your discount.
Call Crested Butte Vacations at 855-421-1257 and receive 20% off all CBMR Lodging properties based on availability.
Official Trail Partner – Crested Butte Mountain Bike Association:
The Crested Butte Mountain Bike Association (CBMBA) is the official trail partner of the Crested Butte Ultra Enduro. CBMBA is an all volunteer, non-profit 501C3 organization dedicated to the access, building and maintenance of mountain bike trails in Crested Butte and the Gunnison Valley in Colorado. They are the oldest bike club in the world, celebrating their 31st year! Each summer CBMBA organizes several work days in conjunction with the Forest Service and BLM, building new trails and maintaining all the classic trails that so many locals and visitors love to ride. Become an integral part of the mountain biking in Crested Butte by joining their club or showing up to help do trail work. You can also make a donation to this non-profit when you register for BME events on www.imathlete.com.